PowerWash Simulator’s multiplayer is super-fun. It lets you beat jobs with others or play mini-games with friends.
To join the fun, turn on the co-op option in the pause menu (Tablet) after starting a mission or select “join a player’s co-op game.”
Sounds confusing? Here’s a simplified guide to playing FuturLab’s new game online.
PowerWash Co-Op with Friends Only
A “Friends Only” game is a job you start with players who have the game on the same platform, whether it’s Xbox or Windows.
You can invite 1 to 5 players to each mission and beat the game faster with their help.
💡 Suggested: Learn how to quickly spot dirt when playing with your friends.
How to Host a Game
Follow these steps to host a multiplayer job—with up to 6 players—in PowerWash Sim:
- Start a mission.
- Press the pause button (Esc on PC).
- Select “FRIENDS ONLY.”
- Turn on the CO-OP option next to it.
- Invite friends to join your game.
How to Join A Multiplayer Game
To join a FRIENDS ONLY game in PowerWash Simulator:
- Select one of the multiplayer modes.
- Click “JOIN A PLAYER’S CO-OP GAME.
- Choose “Join” next to your friend’s name.
💡 Note: After joining a game, you can only use the host’s equipment
If one or more of your friends plays the game on a different platform, you have to connect through the crossplay option.
How to Host a Game
To host a crossplay game in PowerWash Simulator:
- Start a multiplayer mission in any mode except for “Challenges.”
- Press the pause button.
- On the top-left corner, select “FRIENDS ONLY” and change it to “CROSSPLAY.”
- Toggle the CO-OP options next to it.
- Click INVITE FRIENDS and share the Room Code with other players.
How to Join a Game
To join a CROSSPLAY game in PowerWash Simulator:
- Select “JOIN A PLAYER’S CO-OP GAME.”
- Open “CROSS-PLATFORM PLAY.”
- Enter the Room Code and choose “Join.”
Adding Friends in PowerWash Simulator
The game automatically imports your friends’ list to multiplayer. So, to add another player as a friend, add them to your Steam, or Xbox Live.
Inviting Friends to a Multiplayer Game
Co-Op is only available when you start a mission. So, to invite friends, start a job in Career, Specials, or Free Play Modes, press the pause button and click “INVITE FRIENDS.”
💡 Note: You cannot invite other players unless you turn on the Co-Op option.
Getting a Room Code
You should either ask the host for a Room Code or become a host to get it. As a host, you can see your Room Code by selecting the INVITE FRIENDS option after turning on the CROSSPLAY co-op mode.
Game Modes that Support Multiplayer
In PowerWash Simulator, 3 game modes support co-op and crossplay multiplayer: Career Mode (up to 2 players), Specials (up to 6 players), and Free Play (up to 6 players). The only mode that doesn’t support online play is the “Challenge Mode.”
PowerWash Sim multiplayer is not in Beta anymore. However, it still suffers from server issues and network errors. In case of a crash or bug, restart the game or report the issue to the developers. For more info, visit the Known Issues and Workarounds.
Here’s a Quick Recap
- If you want to play PowerWash with friends, start a job > press the pause button > toggle on the Co-Op option > click INVITE FRIENDS.
- To join a friend’s room, select “JOIN A PLAYER’S CO-OP GAME.”
- To create a cross-platform game, start a mission > click the dropdown menu on the top-left corner > select “CROSSPLAY > toggle on Co-Op > and INVITE FRIENDS.
- You need a Room Code to host or join a CROSSPLAY job.